At Highland Dental we proudly offer lower denture stabilization with mini dental implants (MDI) developed and manufactured by 3M-Espe. As a 3M-Espe MDI certified dentist Dr. Prasad is able to simply and predictably provide the denture stability you’ve always wanted. Take advantage of our Grand Opening special offer of 4 MDI Implants and a DentuFit Premier Denture for $2,700!
Highland Dental is proud to offer the 3M (MDI) mini-implant. This affordable, minimally invasive dental implant procedure will give you the stability you've always wanted for your dentures without the expense and time of a full-size implant treatment. These mini dental implants are inserted to stabilize your lower dentures and do not usually require an incision into the gums. Appointments usually take two hours or less.
Even better, the procedure is so minimally invasive that it won't require a long healing period. You won't believe how much confidence stable dentures will give you when you eat, smile, and speak. Contact our Greensburg office today to learn more about how we can help you get the comfortable smile you want.
The 3M™ Mini Dental Implant (MDI) Denture Stabilization System consists of:
- A metal housings that is incorporated into the base of your denture.
- A rubber O-ring, housed in the metal housings, to provide the seal that locks the pieces into place.
- Mini titanium alloy dental implants, rooted into the jawbone, that act as an anchor to stabilize a lower denture.
The Mini Dental Implant Procedure
The mini dental implant procedure takes place in our office, with local anesthesia. Typically, the procedure takes only one appointment and can be completed within 2-hours! Dr. Prasad uses a precise and controlled technique to insert the small diameter implants (around 2 millimeters wide) into your jawbone.
- With heads that are shaped like a ball, the implants protrude from the gum tissue where they will provide a secure anchor for your dentures.
- Metal housings that carry a rubber O-ring will be inserted into the bottom of your dentures.
- When your denture is seated on the mini dental implants, the O-ring snaps over the ball like a socket and locks the dentures firmly into place as they gently rest on the gum tissue.
Implants are designed to help your dentures work like natural teeth, allowing easy and comfortable mobility for functions such as eating, talking and laughing.
Because of the minimally invasive nature of the mini dental implant procedure, the MDI placement won’t require you to go through a lengthy healing period.
Within a few days, you’ll be out and about, enjoying a lunch of your favorite foods, talking with ease, laughing and smiling freely. All that time, you’re feeling a new stability in your dentures—secure that they have the staying power you need without messy denture adhesives or creams.